Which Are the Most Punctual Airlines?
Do you know which airline was the most punctual in 2018? And which airport had the best On-Time Performance? New statistics show Tokyo International Airport, also known as Haneda Airport, had the best On-Time Performance, and Copa Airlines SA was the most punctual.
Which Are the Most Punctual Airlines?By Yuchia Le
According to a report by OAG Aviation Worldwide Ltd., Latvian low-cost carrier airBaltic was the runner-up, with flights that took off or landed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time. Hong Kong Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, and Bangkok Airways came in at number three, four, and five.
The top ten most punctual airlines in 2018 and their percentage of arrivals on time:
1. Copa Airlines SA, Panama, 89.8%
2. airBaltic, Latvia, 89.2%
3. Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong, 88.1%
4. Hawaiian Airlines, United States, 87.5%
5. Bangkok Airways, Thailand, 87.2%
6. Qantas, Australia, 87.2%
7. LATAM Chile, Chile, 85.6%
8. Azul, Brazil, 85.2%
9. Qatar Airways, Qatar, 85.2%
10. KLM, Netherlands, 84.5%
The International Air Transport Association forecasts that 8.2 billion people will be flying in 2037 due to economic development and the growing middle class. Over half of these passengers will come from the Asia-Pacific region, especially China and India. (Read: Hong Kong-Taipei, World’s Busiest Airline Route 3 Years In A Row, Why?)
The United Nations estimated that 4.3 billion passengers flew in 2018, an increase of 6.1% over 2017.
The airport with the best On-Time Performance was Tokyo International Airport, also known as Haneda Airport. Airports are ranked by the percentage of flights that took off or landed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
The top ten airports with the best On-Time Performance in 2018:
1. Tokyo International Airport, Japan, 85.6%
2. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, United States, 82.2%
3. Changi Airport, Singapore, 80.7%
4. Denver International Airport, United States, 80.7%
5. Los Angeles International Airport, United States, 80%
6. Madrid-Barajas Airport, Spain, 79.2%
7. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, United States, 78.2%
8. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands, 77.7%
9. Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand, 77.2%
10. O'Hare International Airport, United States, 76.7%
Translated by Jack C.
Edited by Sharon Tseng